In the past four and a bit years I’ve learnt so much about life. You might wonder why four? Well, four years ago my son was born.
I went from being a relatively carefree 29-year-old to become an instant mom in about 45 minutes. Matthew has been my greatest teacher in life – he’s showed me how to love and how to feel emotion again.
But there are also a few other truths I’ve picked up along the way:
- Do what you love and follow your heart. Always.
- Don’t let the noise of the world drown out your inner voice.
- Listen to your inner voice. It is always right.
- Trust your journey. People might not get it, but that’s okay. It’s not theirs.
- Be happy with less. There is freedom in simplicity.
- When things get rough, remember how far you’ve come.
- Stay close to the things that make you feel alive.
- There is unbelievable freedom in not caring what people think about you.
- Be badass. Don’t wear boring clothes. Surround yourself with people who get you.